August 2013

August 2013
Photo by KME Photography

Sunday, September 7, 2014

To make you smile...

This past week we had Brecken's preschool welcome conference. At the end of the conference, his teacher asked him if he had any questions about preschool or if there was anything he wanted to learn this year. Brecken replied, "Well I would maybe like to learn how the inside of refrigerators work."
His teacher laughed and then said, "Oh really, and why do you want to learn about that?"
"Well just in case when I grow up I want to build refrigerators."

Oh dear, his poor teacher, has her work cut out for her! ;)

Yesterday, DJ and I attended a family wedding. Brecken knew we were starting to get ready for the wedding, and when he saw me after my shower in my sweats, he looked at me a little confused and said. "Mommy, those aren't very nice clothes for a wedding." I guess he wanted me to walk around in my dress for a couple hours before it was really time to go.

And finally a sweet story from Griffin's 2nd birthday that brought me to tears. On the morning of Griffin's birthday, we gave him his present from Mommy and Daddy, which was a water table. Well after Griffin opened it and we started to put it together, we realized it had a wrong part in the box so we didn't think he'd able to play with it until we could exchange it for one with the correct pieces. Brecken quickly grabbed some of the torn wrapping paper pieces and ran to his room to get one of his own books for Griffin. He took the pieces of wrapping paper and covered one of his books so that Griffin could have a present that he could actually use right away. That boy is just so sweet and thoughtful! Now if only they were always so kind and considerate to each other ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment