August 2013

August 2013
Photo by KME Photography

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hallelujah - No Matter What

Last Saturday, I attended a women's conference titled,  "Hallelujah!--no matter what...The journey from hurt to hope." The keynote speaker was singer/songwriter Heather Williams, and she has quite the inspirational story! Heather had a very rough childhood to say the least. She was abused and neglected. After high school she turned her life around and got married to a strong Christian. They got pregnant after trying for 5 years, and after the baby was born, he died of a medical issue at the age of 6 months! If she can still praise God after all she has been through in her life, I think almost anyone can!

Here is a video of her inspiring story (definitely worth 7 minutes of your time!)...
http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=91B1E1NU
(I hope she can inspire you in a similar way that she did for me.)

Here is a link to a shorter version of her story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG3n0htT-2Y

For more information, you can visit Heather Williams' website:
http://heatherwilliamsmusic.com/Home

I would love to share my personal reflection to her story and how I can relate it to our experience with Brecken's premature birth, but I'll save that for another day. He's up from his nap, and I'm off to play with that miracle boy now :)

Oh, and I have to say THANK YOU to D.J. for encouraging me to go to the conference even though I didn't know a single other person that was going. I was definitely glad I went!

God bless,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment