August 2013

August 2013
Photo by KME Photography

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Fun Weekend with Friends

This past weekend we went up to my parents' cabin with some friends of ours. My parents weren't around because my dad was Muskie fishing up on Lake of the Woods, so we thought it would be fun to have some friends join us at the lake. We invited another couple and their identical twin 2-year-old girls (who were also preemies) up to the lake. They have taken their daughters to Germany twice (to visit Esther's family), but they've otherwise never taken them on an overnight stay. Esther and I left Friday morning with all 3 kids, and the guys joined us after work on Friday night. The trip up went very well despite the fact that we essentially had THREE 2-year-olds in the back seat, plus I was pulling my dad's boat behind which I've never done before! We had lots of fun together even though the weather didn't cooperate with us on Saturday. We headed home on Saturday evening and all in all it was a great trip that we hope to repeat again sometime! Maybe it could be repeated without me getting vomited on though ;) You can read Esther's version of the weekend on her blog http://estherslittlewonders.blogspot.com/2011/08/weekend-at-lake-cabin.html I think the vomit incident honestly bothered them more than it did me! I was happy to help out and allow them to miss out on one of the MANY puking incidents they have in their house!

Here is a video of the kids running wild when we first arrived:
And here are some photos:

3 preemies, 3 miracles, now great friends!





Resorting to "Baby Genius" while it's pouring buckets outside


No comments:

Post a Comment