August 2013

August 2013
Photo by KME Photography

Sunday, June 5, 2011

NICU Reunion and More


We had another pretty busy weekend (but what's new?). Saturday morning we went down to the MN State Fairgrounds for the Children's NICU Reunion. There were tons of people there since the St. Paul Children's and Minneapolis Children's NICUs combined their reunions this year. We had a nice time visiting with some of the doctors and nurses that took care of Brecken when he was soooo tiny! We were also able to visit with the Dixon family who we got to know through our experience, and they've been pretty good friends of ours ever since. They had gone through a similar experience (with many more pregnancy complications) just a few months before us with their twin girls, so they came to visit me in the hospital when I was on bed rest even though we'd never even met them before in our life! They attend our church as well, so now we visit with them quite frequently. It was sooooo nice to have them to talk to and and ask questions throughout our journey!

Saturday afternoon DJ worked on some things in the yard, while Brecken and I hung out with our neighbors and played in the kiddie pool since it was BEAUTIFUL outside!

Today we went to church in the morning, and then we were off to St. Cloud for the rest of the day for a couple of graduations on the Hoelscher side. We got home just in time for Brecken's bed time, and now I just finished up a big portion of my report cards. I really should be doing more school work now since I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with this being the last week of school, BUT here I am procrastinating by updating the blog ;) I'm SUPER excited for summer to be here so I can have some quality time with Brecken, but I just have soooo much to do between now and then!

I hope you were all able to enjoy some of the gorgeous weather we had this weekend!

I suppose that's enough procrastinating for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment